Thursday 22 September 2016

Six impossible things... before *tomorrow's* breakfast

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." 
-Morpheus, The Matrix

Welcome to Six impossible things before breakfast, the blogging home of teacher, editor, student, technophobe and author Shayla Morgansen. 

Today's six impossible (or perhaps more correctly, but less classically literately, improbable) things, all of them before tomorrow morning's breakfast:

1. I came to big decision. My lifelong appreciation of such prophetic masterpieces as The Matrix, I, Robot and Terminator have left me with the self-assured knowledge in the inevitability of an eventual hostile AI takeover, which has ensured I've kept myself safely out of the reach of most social media platforms. But before tomorrow's breakfast, it occurred to me that fearing robots won't help beat them. Know thy enemy. So, I updated my iPhone and got started on my reconnaissance mission.

Here is a stock image of someone else's iPhone 5 that looks a lot like my phone, but isn't my phone.
2. I signed up for a Twitter account! I really don't know what I'm going to say, but with only 140 characters per tweet, it's not as though I need to think long and hard and plan out any novels, is it? ;) Go forth, little birds, and follow me @Shayla.Morgansen

3. I signed up with Instagram! Stalk me and my pictures on Shayla.Morgansen Now not only will I be tweeting, I will be sharing photographs. Instagraphs. Pictograms. Whatever. I'll work it out. How hard can it be? 

4. I linked my blog to my Goodreads account. Do you love YA books and reading fantasy? Follow me on Goodreads and add my books to your to-be-read shelf. Shayla Morgansen

5. I posted to my Instagram and it turned up on all of my new social media accounts! Like magic. Are you following my books on Facebook yet? Well, perhaps you should be. Facebook/ElmStoneSaga

6. I started a blog. This blog. Before now I've posted thoughts, articles and column contributions all over the internet - Tumblr, newspapers, guest blog posts, Facebook - and I will continue to do that, but henceforth, Six impossible things before breakfast will be Shayla Morgansen Central, a home for my ramblings on all of my topics of interest, including my books. Subscribe and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment