Thursday 5 January 2017

Book Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, by J.K. Rowling

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original ScreenplayFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the script format, this was a one-morning read, and I enjoyed it as much as I did the film. Mirroring the movie almost shot-for-shot (I'd have to rewatch to be certain, but I could picture almost everything as I'd seen it on the screen), reading the escapades of Rowling's refreshing new characters was probably even more charming - the mumbled lines I missed onscreen were there for me to appreciate, the dark visuals were left to my imagination to decide and Rowling's trademark attention to unexpected detail and humour was more evident. I love reading her, and I love this new cast of characters, and I appreciate so much the opportunity to enjoy this story as a book after loving the film.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment