Thursday 13 July 2017

Book Review: The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield

The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative BattlesThe War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was exactly what I needed. If you're a writer, artist or student not achieving your dream, this book is for you. Short and sweet and to-the-point, this book sums up all the ways we sabotage ourselves creatively with procrastination, excuses, fears and time mismanagement, and gives us the prompt to take ourselves, and our creative work, seriously, and just START. No magic answer, nothing I didn't already *know*; just the reminder that I'm the only one who can get it done, and I'm the only one stopping myself, broken up into highly digestible small pieces of engaging, entertaining writing.

Thank you, Mr Pressfield. I needed this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment